Use Watch Window In Excel
Watch a formula and its result by using the Watch Window
When cells are not visible on a worksheet, you can watch those cells and their formulas in the Watch Windowtoolbar. The Watch Window makes it convenient to inspect, audit, or confirm formula calculations and results in large worksheets. By using the Watch Window, you don’t need to repeatedly scroll or go to different parts of your worksheet.
This toolbar can be moved or docked like any other toolbar. For example, you can dock it on the bottom of the window. The toolbar keeps track of the following properties of a cell: workbook, sheet, name, cell, value, and formula.
NOTE: You can only have one watch per cell.
Add cells to the Watch Window
- Select the cells that you want to watch.To select all cells on a worksheet with formulas, on the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find & Replace, click Go To Special, and then click Formulas.
- On the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click Watch Window.
- Click Add Watch .
- Click Add.
- Move the Watch Window toolbar to the top, bottom, left, or right side of the window.
- To change the width of a column, drag the boundary on the right side of the column heading.
- To display the cell that an entry in Watch Window toolbar refers to, double-click the entry.
NOTE: Cells that have external references to other workbooks are displayed in the Watch Window toolbar only when the other workbook is open.
Remove cells from the Watch Window
- If the Watch Windowtoolbar is not displayed, on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click Watch Window.
- Select the cells that you want to remove.To select multiple cells, press CTRL and then click the cells.
- Click Delete Watch .
“Watch Window Feature of Excel lets you to Watch Over Specific cell for real time changes like looking over at the Total in a cell at the end of sheet while you are making changes at the data on the top of the sheet !
The Video has been created by me to explain the topic and the Written information is as per a Microsoft” Excel Support Post