Create a PivotTable timeline to filter dates
- Click anywhere in a PivotTable to show the PivotTable Tools.
- Click Analyze > Insert Timeline.
- In the Insert Timelines dialog box, check the boxes of the date fields you want, and click OK.
Use a timeline to filter by time period
With your timeline in place, you’re ready to filter by a time period in one of four time levels (years, quarters, months, or days).
- Click the arrow next to the time level shown, and pick the one you want.
- Drag the timeline scroll bar to the time period you want to analyze.
- In the timespan control, click a period tile and drag to include additional tiles to select the date range you want. Use the timespan handles to adjust the date range on either side.
- To clear a timeline, click the Clear Filter button .
TIP: If you want to combine slicers with a timeline to filter the same date field, you can do that by checking the Allow multiple filters per fieldbox in the PivotTable Options dialog box (PivotTable Tools > Analyze > Options > Totals & Filters tab).
Customize a timeline
When a timeline covers your PivotTable data, you can move it to a better location and change its size. You can also change the timeline style, which may be useful if you have more than one timeline.
- To move the timeline, simply drag it to the location you want.
- To change the size of the timeline, click it, and then drag the sizing handles to the size you want.
- To change the style of the timeline, click it to display the Timeline Tools, and then pick the style you want on the Optionstab.
The Video has been created by me to explain the topic and the above written information is as per a Microsoft” Excel Support Post
“Use the TimeLine Feature in Pivot Tables to make your reports graphically interactive and super easy to use. In this video you will learn how to Add the TimeLine Feature in Excel 2010 and 2013 and how to Edit, change color, edit labels, sort and delete a TimeLine.
To watch more videos and download the files visit http://www.myelesson.org
To Buy a Excel Course DVD visit . https://www.instamojo.com/Devika/combo-pack-all-in-one-ms-excel-course-cd-in-/”