Insert Add Comment Excel
The Video above explains how to insert or Add Comments in MS Excel. The Text below is from a Microsoft Excel Support Blog
You can add notes to a worksheet by using comments. Using comments can help you make a worksheet easier to understand by providing additional context for the data it contains. For example, you can use a comment as a note that provides information about data in an individual cell. You can also add a comment to a column heading to provide guidance on data that a user should enter.
When a cell has a comment, a red indicator appears in the corner of the cell. When you rest the pointer on the cell, the comment appears.
After you add comments, you can edit and format the text in comments, move or resize the comments, copy them, display or hide them, or control how they and their indicators are displayed. When you no longer need comments, you can delete them.
Add a comment in Excel
- Select the cell that you want to add a comment to.
- On the Review tab, in the Comments group, click New Comment.
Keyboard shortcut You can also press SHIFT+F2.
A new comment is created, and the pointer moves to the comment. An indicator appears in the corner of the cell.
By default, the new comment is labeled with a name. To use a different name, you can select the name in the comment, and then type a new name. Or, you can remove the name by selecting the name in the comment and pressing DELETE.
To change the default name that is used for comment labels, see the section Change the default name that is displayed in new comments, later in this article.
- In the body of the comment, type the comment text.
- Click outside the comment box.
The comment box disappears, but the comment indicator remains. To keep the comment visible, do the following:
- Select the cell.
- In the Comments group, on the Review tab, click Show/Hide Comment.
You can also right-click the cell that contains the comment, and then click Show/Hide Comments.
- By default, text in comments uses the font Tahoma in font size 8. You cannot change the default font that is used, but you can change the format of the comment text in each comment by right-clicking selected comment text, and then clicking Format Comment. For more information, see the section Format a comment, later in this article.
- When you sort data in a worksheet, comments are sorted together with the data. However, in PivotTable reports, comments do not move with the cell when you change the layout of the report.